The following SketchUp Tutorials are some of the best we have found so far. Justin Geis, the founder of “The SketchUp Essentials” makes learning the program interesting and easy to follow.
What is SketchUp?
SketchUp is a 3D design software that is simple to use. It can be used for a wide range of 3D modeling projects, including architectural, interior design, landscape architecture, and video game design, to name a few. A free 3D modeling tool for everyone – SketchUp Free is the easiest tool for 3D modeling online.
You can now create 3D designs online, and you can access your SketchUp projects anywhere. It features drawing layout functionality, surface rendering, and third-party plugin support from the Extension Warehouse.
Drawing in 3D doesn’t require dozens of bells and whistles… You only need your idea, and some space to draw.
Start learning 3D modelling right now with these SketchUp tutorials. These tutorials use the free web version of Sketchup which you can get here: Sign up for Your Free Access Here
List of SketchUp Tutorials:
- GETTING STARTED with SketchUp Free – Lesson 1 – BEGINNERS Start Here!
- GETTING STARTED with SketchUp Free – Lesson 2 – Creating a House Model
- GETTING STARTED with SketchUp Free – Lesson 3 – Components, Copies, and Curves
- GETTING STARTED with SketchUp Free – Lesson 4 – Working with Materials in the Online Version
- GETTING STARTED with SketchUp Free – Lesson 5 – Free Models from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating Floor Plans FROM IMAGES in SketchUp Free!
- How to CHANGE UNITS in SketchUp Free (Online Version Tutorial)
- Adding DOORS AND WINDOWS to a Floor Plan in SketchUp Free!
- How to PRINT from the Web Version of SketchUp! (Online Version Tutorial)
Get Started Here ↓
I hope that you found these SketchUp Tutorials useful for starting your journey in 3D modeling. You can find loads more detailed tutorials on The SketchUpEssentials’ YouTube channel, (link below.) I highly recommend that you check them out!
Full Training Course for SketchUp Pro
If you are really serious about honing your Sketchup modeling skills, The SketchUp Essentials also has an amazing full training course. This course however is not intended for anyone who wants to use the free online version of SketchUp, it focuses specifically on SketchUp for the desktop.
The course is targeted to SketchUp Pro users, though most of the content can also be adapted to SketchUp Make 2017 and newer versions. See the link below↓
The SketchUp Essentials – The Complete Guide to 3D Modeling in SketchUp PRO
The SketchUp Essentials – YouTube Channel
SketchUp for Web – Free Version
“The SketchUp Essentials” Social Media and Websites
PLEASE NOTE: We are in no way associated with “The SketchUp Essentials” and receive no remuneration monetary or otherwise. All videos posted on this website are posted because we consider them to be helpful in learning the basics of SketchUp.